Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own!
Is it just me, or are the holidays coming on too quickly? It seems they come up faster each year! I’m starting to plan my menu for Thanksgiving lunch that I will be making for some family. One of the must haves on my menu, of course, is green bean casserole. It’s
a classic that you can’t forget about. Of course the classic recipe from Del Monte®, Campbell’s® and French’s® is amazing, but I like to add other things to it. Today I am sharing one of the versions that I make!
My family loves bacon and mushrooms. They are two of our favorite things. So adding these two ingredients to green bean casserole is a no-brainer for me. The bacon adds a delicious flavor to the classic recipe, and the mushrooms add more vegetables to the dish. So today I’m sharing the classic green bean casserole recipe with the my “twist” of mushrooms and bacon added!
- 2 Cans (10.5 oz. each) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Cans (14.5 oz. each) Any Style Del Monte Green Beans, Drained
- 2⅔ Cups French's French Fried Onions
- 1 Cup of Mushrooms, Sliced
- 6 Slices of Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. While oven is preheating, cook bacon on stove. I like to cook some soft and some crunchy.
- Once bacon is cooked, chop up.
- Stir bacon, mushrooms, soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, green beans, and 1-1/3 cups onions in a casserole dish.
- Bake in oven, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until green bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir mixture. Sprinkle with remaining French Fried Onions.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
How easy is that? I’m sure that your family and friends will just love this recipe. It is perfect for holidays and any day in between!
What “twist” do you add to your green bean casserole recipe?
Next time you’re in Walmart, go look at the screens by the green bean casserole display at the end of the aisle. Walmart is picking the best of the ideas given by people like you and me to show right there in the store! If you see mine, let me know with a post or a tweet! Make sure to go to thisismytwist.com to see everyone’s suggested twists!