Do you love having fresh herbs on hand? Many people do, it just isn’t always easy to store them. That is where this DIY hanging herb vase comes in. You can make your own hanging herb vase, perfect for keeping your herbs fresh and at your fingertips, right in the comfort of your own kitchen. Here is how you can get started crafting your own.
- Twine or Ribbon
- Light Bulb Vase (Found at Michael’s Craft Store for $1.99 or Less)
- Assorted Flare Such as Flowers, Sequins, etc.
- Hot Glue, Glue Gun
- Begin by removing the lid of the vase. You will not need it.
- Wrap the twine or ribbon around the mouth of the vase, and again at the top where the two ends meet. You basically want to create a hanger out of the ribbon.
- Apply some glue to your flare or embellishments. We chose some little flowers we found at the dollar section of Michael’s. Just add your glue and press to the mouth of the vase.
- Add some cool water, and follow up with your fresh cut herbs.
You can now hang your herb vase on a hook or any other appropriate spot in your kitchen. When you need your fresh herbs, they will be right at your fingertips. Not only is this hanging herb vase practical, it is also quite pretty.
Gather your supplies and give this hanging herb vase a try! It is a great way to keep fresh herbs on hand.