Get ready for your Memorial Day festivities when you give this patriotic cake plate craft a try! You only $2 worth of Dollar Tree materials to get started, and the end result is the perfect cake plate for your holiday cupcakes, cakes, and other desserts. Here is how you can started!
- Patriotic Dinner Plate, Plastic
- Red, White, or Blue Bowl
- Super Adhesive or Hot Glue, glue Gun
Quick and Easy Patriotic Cake Plate
Dollar Tree has a few patriotic colors and patterns to pick from. Choose a combo that works for you. As far as glue, use any type of super adhesive. Since you are using plastic, you shouldn’t have a hard time getting the pieces to adhere.
- Begin by applying a generous amount of adhesive to the bottom of your bowl. Just around the rim of the base is fine.
- Flip the bowl over and press the plate to the adhesive. Hold it to the bowl for about two minutes, pressing firmly as you do.
- Gently lift the plate to make sure it is stuck. If not, reapply and try again.
Once your glue is dry, your patriotic cake plate is ready to be enjoyed! Be sure to hand wash as the adhesive will break down if used in the dishwasher. Otherwise, you are free to enjoy your patriotic cake plate for all of your serving needs.
Gather your supplies and give this easy and inexpensive patriotic cake plate a try!