These Valentine Hearts Glitter Crayons are such an adorable DIY craft idea! Kids will love helping you break up the crayons to make these, and you’ll love how inexpensive and easy they are to make. This tutorial is super easy to follow! Check it out!
DIY Valentine Hearts Glitter Crayons
I love that this easy Valentine Hearts craft idea can be used any time of year. Just because we are using it as a holiday craft doesn’t mean you can’t make these for any occasion. Grab discounted crayons or use the ones your kids have accidentally broken. No matter what you choose, you’ll love making these fun crayons in the shape of pretty glittery Valentine Hearts.
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Remove the wrappers from your crayons by carefully scoring the crayon wrapper from top to bottom and the wrapper should slide right off (you might have to peel off some of the wrappers)
3. Break each crayon into about 4 pieces
4. Sprinkle some glitter into each heart mold, fill up each mold with broken crayons, and sprinkle a little more glitter on top
5. Place your mold on a baking sheet and into the oven for about 8 minutes
6. Carefully take your tray out of the oven, and set on a flat surface in the freezer for around 20 minutes or until your crayons are cool and solid
7. Carefully remove the crayons from your molds and they are ready to use!
How to gift Valentine Hearts Glitter Crayons:
As you can see, these Valentine Hearts are super easy to make. They not only make a great craft for you to do with your children, but they are a perfect idea to add to a treat bag and give as a gift.
- Add to a clear cellophane bags and then tie them off with a ribbon and simple note.
- Add to a gift box or bag with coloring books or activity books.
- Make in special colors to match a gift theme.
- Add to an activity box for a family gift along with games, gel pens for parents, and coloring books for all ages.
Have fun making these great Valentine hearts glitter crayons with your kids for this year’s treat bags. Tie up with a special note and watch the kids in their class smile with excitement to see a fun glittering crayon!
More Valentine’s Day Ideas:
- 25 Valentine’s Day Crafts & Recipes
- Valentine’s Day Hear Stamps
- Valentine’s Day Napkin Rings
- Heart Tree Valentine’s Day Centerpiece