Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a "sponsored post." The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Riley started back to preschool on Monday. Why does it seem the Summer flies by? I’m sure most, if not all, kids are back to school by now. If you are looking for a fun lunchbox idea for your child, I have one to share with you today! Plus you can get some fun printable lunch notes to include in their lunchbox courtesy of Coupon.com’s new The Good Stuff online magazine!
Kid’s Lunch Box with Peanut Butter-Banana Apple-Shaped Sandwich, California Blend Veggies with Chicken, & Oreo Cookie-Reese’s Spider!
- 1 Slice Bread
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
- ¼ Banana (sliced)
- Apple-Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Candy Eyes
- Candy Lips
- Black Sparkle Gel
- Using an apple-shaped cookie cutter, press down twice on 1 slice of bread. This will create 2 sides.
- Add peanut butter and sliced banana to bottom slice. Add a small amount of peanut butter to top slice so the sandwich will stick together.
- Using the black sparkle gel, attach each eye and lips to bread. The gel will settle after a few minutes.
- ⅓ Cooked Chicken Breast (sliced into small pieces)
- ¼ Bag California Blend Frozen Vegetables
- 2 Tsp. Olive Oil
- Add olive oil to small stovetop pan and heat at medium.
- Add frozen California vegetable blend to pan. Cook for approximately 12 minutes at medium heat.
- Add cooked chicken to blend. Stir well for approximately 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 Caramel Apple Oreo Cookie
- 1 Mini Reese’s Cup
- Black Sparkle Gel
- Yellow Sparkle Gel
- Put a large dab of black sparkle gel in center of Oreo. Place mini Reese’s cup on top.
- Using black sparkle gel, draw 4 spider legs on each side, totally eight.
- Fill top of mini Reese’s cup with black sparkle gel.
- Using yellow sparkle gel, draw 2 eyes.
- Let settle for a few minutes. Place in cupcake baking cup for safe keeping.
Do you love that “U R a Rock Star” lunch note? You can get even more at Coupons.com! They have great lunch notes as well as cute bookmarks! You could even laminate them so they don’t get ruined and can be used over and over again! If you need help with planning lunches ahead, check out this post about 7 Ways to Plan Ahead for Easy School Lunches. And here are 7 Yummy, Peanut-Free Snacks for Kids!
I’m also excited to let you know about a fun giveaway I’m helping promote! You have the opportunity to win a $300 Amazon gift card! How awesome would that be?! You could get any remaining back-to-school items that are needed, or save it for Christmas! The possibilities are endless. To enter, you just have to be an 18+ US resident. The giveaway runs September 2nd-September 30th, 2015 at 11:59pm EST. Enter via the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck to all who enter! And don’t forget to download and print your lunch notes and bookmarks!