Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions, as always, are 100% my own!
Yesterday I shared my recipe for a Bacon and Mushroom Green Bean Casserole that my family and I enjoy a lot. Recently I tried out a fun new way to eat green bean casserole – in onion rings! Today I’m sharing my Green Bean Casserole Onion Stacks recipe! The best part is you can use the Bacon and Mushroom Green Bean Casserole recipe that I shared yesterday or use just the classic Green Bean Casserole from Del Monte®, Campbell’s® and French’s®.
These Green Bean Casserole Onion Stacks would be a perfect appetizer for your holiday celebration, or as a side dish. It makes a unique way to serve a classic recipe.
- 1 Bag of Your Favorite Onion Rings
- 2 Cans (10.5 oz. each) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Cans (14.5 oz. each) Any Style Del Monte® Green Beans, Drained
- 2⅔ Cups French's® French Fried Onions
- 1 Cup of Mushrooms, Sliced
- 6 Slices of Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While oven is preheating, cook bacon on stove. I like to cook some soft and some crunchy.
- Once bacon is cooked, chop up.
- Stir bacon, mushrooms, soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, green beans, and 1-1/3 cups onions in a mixing bowl.
- Stack 3-4 onions rings on top of a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil. Using a spoon, add some of the green bean mixture to the middle of the onion rings.
- Bake in oven, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until green bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Sprinkle with remaining French Fried Onions.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
During your next holiday meal, these Onion Stacks would make for a new appetizer or side dish to try!
Do you think you would enjoy these Green Bean Casserole Onion Stacks?
Next time you’re in Walmart, go look at the screens by the green bean casserole display at the end of the aisle. Walmart is picking the best of the ideas submitted from people like you and me to show right there in the store! If you see mine, let me know with a post or a tweet! Make sure to go to thisismytwist.com to see everyone’s suggested twists!