I love French Toast and I love pie, so why not combine them? That’s what we did in this Mini French Toast Blackberry Pie Recipe. It is so easy to make, a fun twist on a classic, and of course beautiful.
Reasons To Love Blackberry Pie
I’ll be honest, the word pie just screams happiness to me. I love the soft buttery crust on the bottom, the sweet juicy fruit inside, and of course the option of topping with whipped cream or ice cream. Even though this recipe is definitely sugar-sweetened, you can’t deny the fact that blackberries are an amazing antioxidant you need more of in your life.
French toast is typically a breakfast food that we love, but the concept of kicking up this blackberry pie recipe a notch was so much fun. Using the basic French Toast method but applying to the top of the pie instead of traditional dough or streusel was a unique twist. It comes out super yummy and is definitely easy to make.
Mini French Toast Blackberry Pie Recipe
I buy the ready made mini pie crusts in the freezer section at my grocery store for this blackberry pie recipe. You can make your own if you have the time and a great crust recipe, but I prefer going semi-homemade for this recipe. While I love using a traditional crust, you could get away with graham cracker crusts for this recipe.
If you make your own crust, you will want some of these super cute mini pie tins. You can always choose disposable, but I love the idea of having my own perfect little miniature tins to use.
4 Pre-Made Mini Pie Crusts
4 Slices Texas Toast Bread
1 Cup Fresh Blackberries
1 Cup Milk
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon + 2 Teaspoons
1 Tablespoon Flour
1 Tablespoon Sugar
4 Tablespoons Water
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of your cinnamon, egg, and milk. Set aside.
- Place your blackberries, sugar, flour, water, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a mixing bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Take your pieces of bread, and using a 3-inch round cookie cutter or biscuit cutter, cut into the middle of the bread. Do this once for each piece of bread.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each bread circle and be sure to treat it like dough and roll in all directions so it’s rolled out evenly.
- Remove your pie shells from the package. Place them on a cookie sheet and bake them for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spoon the blackberry mixture into each crust. Be sure to not go too high with it.
- Dip your flat piece of bread into the egg mixture and lay them evenly over the top of each pie. Be sure all edges sit evenly for the best look.
- Using a fork, crimp the edges of the bread down into the edge of the pie crust.
- Place in oven on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Ideas For Serving Your Blackberry Pie
I love making something special for dessert, and this French Toast Blackberry Pie recipe is perfect. It’s simple enough that a novice chef can make it with ease. Plus, blackberries are available in the freezer department all year round, so that makes it easy to create anytime. I love serving in a pretty manner, so here are some favorite ideas.
- Remove from pie tin and drizzle with maple syrup
- Serve hot with a scoop of whipped cream or ice cream
- Remove from pie tins and display on a tiered serving tower with bowls of ice cream, whipped topping, and powdered sugar to top for a buffet style dessert.
Make this delicious recipe for Mini French Toast Blackberry Pie as a special treat for yourself, or a perfect dish to serve to guests any time of the year!
More Delicious Dessert Recipes: