In Nonna Tell Me a Story by Lidia Bastianich, Lidia teaches her grandchildren all about Christmas in Italy and shares many of her recipes with them. The book itself also includes plenty of recipes in the back, including some of Lidia’s favorite cookie recipes. Recreate these recipes yourself in a no sew holiday apron such as the one you see here. Making your own is easy and no sewing machine is involved. Here is how to get started.
- Holiday Themed Dish Towel
- Fabric Glue or Hot Glue Gun
- Heavy Fabric Ribbon
- Begin by folding your apron in half. This will shorten it and make it the perfect apron size.
- Apply some fabric or hot glue along the folded seam of the towel. This will be the top of your apron.
- Lay a length of ribbon across the glue and press it into place. You want to make sure about 10 inches of ribbon folds over the sides of the apron. You will need this extra ribbon to tie the apron on.
- Once your glue is dry, you can close up the edges of the towel with an additional strip of glue if you wish. Or, you can leave it open. The choice is yours.
Your no sew holiday apron is now ready to be tied on and enjoyed. It is perfect for wiping dirty hands on while you cook your own holiday recipes or give some of Lidia’s a try.
Gather your supplies and give this easy and inexpensive no sew holiday apron a try. It is a great way to stay clean while giving some of Lidia’s holiday recipes a try in your own kitchen.