My family and I are big sports fans, including football. We always watching our Cincinnati Bengals every Sunday when they play, plus the other games that are on as well. Of course you need to be game day ready, whether you are at the stadium watching the game or if you’re watching it from the comfort of your own home. Thanks to the NFL Shop, they have lots of great options for gear.
From kids shirts and sweatshirts, to adults, you are sure to find something that you will love to show your support for your favorite NFL team. I love Riley in this Cincinnati Bengals shirt with just a plain pair of jeans and her tennis shoes. Riley loves the added Bengals helmet tattoo and I think her hair looks great in the Bengals alligator clip.
Of course I have to accessorize, too! These Bandz Bracelets are perfect for me!
I’m in love with my Cincinnati Bengals sweatshirt! It fits great on me and I just love the stripes on the sleeves – reminds me of old-style shirts!
Of course you can’t watching the game without munching on something yummy. To make your game day parties more fun, I have a super cute cookie recipe to share with you!
How adorable are these cartoon football cookies?! Make a batch of these the night before game day and you’ll have dessert covered!
- 5 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ C soft unsalted butter
- 2 C granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl.
- Add all 4 eggs at one time...Continue to mix.
- Add the vanilla.. Continue mixing.
- Sift the four, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
- Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and sit it out to soften up a bit.
- Put flour out on the wood cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and work some flour into the batter. (if necessary).
- Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using your cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a metal spatula move the cut cookie to the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookie are thoroughly baked.
- Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely. (About 10 minutes).
- 4 egg whites
- 2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- Brown & black gel food coloring
- Candy eyes
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring)
- If icing is not stiff enough add ¼ C powder sugar.
- Pull out 3 bowls and begin to divide the icing.
- Bowl #1, put 4 TBSP of icing in , add several drops of black gel food coloring stirring well until all of the color is blended. Bowl #2, put 4 TBSP of icing,keeping it white. Bowl #3, put the remaining icing, adding several drops of brown gel food coloring stirring well until all of the color is blended.
- Spoon each of the icings into individual frosting bags with a #5 tips.... twist the open end of the bag to push the icing to the tip.
-Follow the colors and accent colors as displayed on each cookie.
-First step for each cookie is to outline them .
-Allow the icing outline at least 30 seconds to dry before filling the body of the cookie in with the other icing*. ( After outlining all of these cookies you squeeze some the remaining icing into a bowl and add the 1 tsp of water and mix well to get the right consistency .) Leave some of the icing in the frosting bag for additional accent work on each of the cookies. Using a butter knife to spread it from the outlined part inwards to the center.
- Outline the football in brown.
- Using the thinner icing fill in the football. Allow to dry slightly.
- Add two white thick lines at each end of the cookie resembling the two lines on the football.
- Using the black icing add the different mouths and eye brows,
- Place the two candy eyes under the eye brows.
- Allow 5-10 hours to dry.
When you’ve got your NFL gear and delicious cookies, you will be ready to watch the game from your home!