I love a good pasta dish. A good pasta dish is a bowl of Italian sunshine, in my opinion, and this Roasted Tomato & Goat Cheese Pasta recipe is an easy, delicious way to get more sun in your diet! Wit the flavors of roasted tomatoes, garlic, and tangy goat cheese married together in one glorious food symphony, it’s a recipe that can’t be beat.
Roasted Tomato & Goat Cheese Pasta – Hearty and Healthy
Like I said, I love a good pasta dish. I love it even more when it’s healthy. This hearty roasted tomato & goat cheese pasta is both delicious and nutritious. The tomato is packed full of vitamins and antioxidants, and the goat cheese has calcium and protein. You can even use your favorite whole grain pasta to kick the health factor up even more.
Just look at that. That’s a bowl full of outstanding. The combination of roasted peppers, garlic, basil, and a nice helping of goat cheese on top? I don’t think you can beat it!
I serve this roasted tomato & goat cheese pasta dish at least 2 – 3 times a month, and we never get tired of it. A roasted tomato, garlic, and basil masterpiece like this is always welcome. It’s hot, hearty, and it fills us up without making us feel like we ate a boulder.
If you haven’t tried a dish like this before, I highly encourage you to give this roasted tomato & goat cheese pasta a try. It’s so delicious and healthy. It’s one of those rare dishes you can serve that tastes great and you know is actually good for you. Give it a try!
- 1 pound box of preferred pasta (I used fusilli)
- 5 plum tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 TBS olive oil (enough to coat tomatoes)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1?4 tsp salt
- 1?4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place tomatoes on a lined baking sheet, open side up. Lay out garlic between tomatoes. Drizzle olive oil over the top, then sprinkle salt and pepper. Using hands, toss to coat evenly, making sure that tomatoes are open side up. Place into preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to directions on box.
- In a blender or food processor, add roasted tomatoes and garlic, basil, sugar, and goat cheese. Process for 15-30 seconds or until smooth.
- Serve pasta and top with roasted tomato and goat cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle additional goat cheese, salt, and pepper to taste.