This slow cooker pineapple chicken recipe is always a hit at my house. My family loves it because it’s delicious, and I love it because making it in a slow cooker saves me a ton of time and effort.
This Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Recipe is a Winner
Just look at it. Believe me, it tastes as good as it looks. Between the buffalo sauce and the pineapple, it has a spicy, sweet kick that is perfect for any night of the week. The addition of the corn and beans means that my daughter gets a little vegetables in her as well!
The best part of this pineapple chicken recipe is the ease of it. You pretty much throw everything in at the beginning and just let it happen. It’s a set it and forget it recipe that allows me to whip up something fantastic with minimal effort and time. And if you’re a mom you know how important that is!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 TBS garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1?4 cup Buffalo wing sauce (such as Frank’s or Texas Petes not regular hot sauce)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup medium chunky salsa (any kind if fine)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 ounce can diced green chillies
- 15 ounce can pineapple chunks (drained)
- 15 ounce can black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 TBS lime juice
- tortilla shells
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker, sprinkle spices over the top of the chicken. In a small bowl mix together brown sugar and buffalo sauce; pour into slow cooker. Add salsa, frozen corn, green chilies, pineapple chunks, black beans, and lime juice. Stir once and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker; using 2 forks shred all the chicken, and place back into slow cooker. Stir, cover, and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Strain chicken mixture, then return back to slow cooker or serving dish. Serve in tortilla shells over salad, rice, or quinoa. Enjoy!
A Pineapple Chicken Recipe for Any Occasion
Another great thing about this recipe is how versatile it is. Whether its family dinner or game day, you’ve got a recipe that can do it all. The way the chicken just falls apart when you make this recipe lends itself very well to being a sort of dip on game day. Just add tortilla chips, and you’ve got an instant game day feast!
This is slow cooker recipe is a winner winner, chicken dinner, if I do say so myself. If your family loves a little kick in their food, why not whip up this slow cooker pineapple chicken recipe? It’s easy, delicious, and it always satisfies.