Need a little sweet and spicy salad to pair with your next entree? Good, you are in the right place! I have a wonderful side dish recipe that you will definitely enjoy.
Flavor combinations are always great. There are times that I want only spicy or only sweet. But, many times I prefer to blend two different flavors in order to create a delicious new flavor. With this sweet and spicy salad, the combination is just right.
This side is perfect for serving at a barbecue with some chicken or steaks. It’s light so it’s perfect for summer dinners. I think it would go great with seafood as well. You can toss this together while the meat is being cooked, and it will all be ready to eat at the same time.
Sweet and Spicy Salad with Sweet and Spicy Vinaigrette
Ingredients for Salad:
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Mango
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Apple
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Feta Cheese
- 1/8 Cup Sliced Jalapenos
- 2 Tablespoons Vinegar
Ingredients for Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 Cup Peach Preserves
- 1/4 Cup Pepper Jelly
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
- For your salad, place your spinach in a bowl, and then sprinkle your vinegar over the top of it. Do not be alarmed, this may wilt your spinach but that’s ok.
- Place the rest of your ingredients for the salad on top of the spinach and toss well.
- For the vinaigrette, place all your ingredients in a blender or processor (blender works much better). Blend well.
- Using a funnel, pour your vinaigrette into a jar for long term keeping. Refrigerate for best results.
- Shake well before every use. Cayenne pepper can be increased if a spicier taste is preferred. For those who are brave, add some pickled jalapenos to the blender or a tablespoon of the jalapeno juice.