Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a "sponsored post." The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
A family favorite cereal in our household is Honeycomb – did you know that they are turning 50 this year?! I’m excited to tell you a little more about Honeycomb as well as share a delicious recipe using them – Honeycomb No-Bake Protein Balls! If you love Honeycombs, peanut butter, and chocolate chips, I’m sure you are going to love these delicious protein balls!
Honeycomb was first introduced in 1965 and is a classic Post cereal. Do you remember the unforgettable jingle? It first debuted in a commercial with Honeycomb Kid, an animated cowboy, and was themed after the 1957 hit by Jimmie Rodgers “Honeycomb.” You can read a little more about Honeycomb’s story here.
The Most Delicious Protein Balls Ever
There are a lot of yummy recipes on Honeycomb’s website – including S’mores Snack Mix, Monkey Munch, and Lickety-Split Crunch (Honeycomb AND frozen yogurt?! YUM!). I decided to come up with my own recipe for today’s post. I am excited for you all to try these No-Bake Protein Balls. With the great taste of Honeycomb cereal, combined with peanut butter, chocolate chips, coconut, and honey – you are in for a real treat!
- 2 Cups Honeycomb Cereal
- ¾ Cup Peanut Butter
- ⅓ Cup Chocolate Chips
- ⅓ Cup Shaved Coconut
- 2 Tablespoons Honey or Agave
- Crush the Honeycomb Cereal by hand or put in a food processor and pulse into very small pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the crushed Honeycomb cereal, peanut butter, chocolate chips, coconut and honey. Stir to combine.
- Place a small scoop of mixture on your palm and roll it into a 1” bite size ball. Repeat until the mixture is all rolled out.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to firm up.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to 5 days.