Mornings are hard enough as it is, with getting yourself or your spouse off to work, kids to school, and other events. Another difficulty is breakfast; it’s nice to have cereal, but it definitely gets boring after awhile. And a packet of plain old oatmeal is nice, but did your ealize you can make a delicious bowl of oatmeal super easy that tastes even better than the packet stuff? This banana brown sugar oatmeal recipe I am sharing with you today is sure to be a hit… even with kids!
Banana Brown Sugar Oatmeal
2 Cups Fat-Free Milk
1 Cup Quick-Cooking Oats
1 Large Ripe Banana, Sliced
2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Honey
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Additional Fat-Free Milk or Ground Cinnamon, Optional
- In a small saucepan, first bring the milk to a boil. Stir in the oats. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until it has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the banana, brown sugar, honey and cinnamon. Serve by dividing among three bowls and top with additional milk and/or cinnamon if desired.
- 2 Cups Fat-Free Milk
- 1 Cup Quick-Cooking Oats
- 1 Large Ripe Banana, Sliced
- 2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Additional Fat-Free Milk or Ground Cinnamon, Optional
- In a small saucepan, bring milk to a boil; stir in oats. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the banana, brown sugar, honey and cinnamon. Divide among three serving bowls. Serve with additional milk and cinnamon if desired.