If you’re looking for the best egg salad sandwich recipe, then you’ve come to the right place.This egg salad sandwich recipe uses ingredients like avocado and thick sliced cheese, which makes it look gourmet, but keeps it simple to prepare. Gourmet + simple = the best egg salad sandwich recipe ever!
Best Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe – Heavy on the Flavor. Easy on the Prep
I call this the best egg salad sandwich recipe because it looks so high-end, but it’s super easy to make.
Just look at that. If that’s not gourmet, I don’t know what is! The crunch of the toast, the cool creaminess of the avocado, the egg, the melty cheese – it all work so well together. This is the best egg salad sandwich recipe out there, if for no other reason than sheer variety of tastes and textures going on.
This egg salad sandwich is so easy and delicious, it makes a perfect lunch or brunch on even a busy day. The longest you’ll spend on prep is the time it takes to boil and smash up the eggs. It’s quick and easy, and boy, does it taste good!
Another thing that I love about this recipe – and what makes it the best egg salad sandwich recipe, in my opinion – is the nature of the sandwich. It lends itself so well to being tweaked to your liking. This would be great on a hearty multi-grain bread or even as a panini, and when you serve these bad boys, your family will want to give you an award for best cook ever!
The Best Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe is One That’s Flavorful, Filling, and Easy
And this egg salad sandwich recipe has all that in spades. From the textures to the tastes, this is absolutely the best egg salad sandwich in the known universe. With a quick prep time, and these delicious ingredients, your family will be begging for more of this delicious sandwich.
If you know how to boil water, you can make this best egg salad sandwich recipe, so fire up the burner, drop in the eggs, and serve this delicious meal to your family the next time you’re itching for a change. It’s a fully balanced meal that’s guaranteed to please the entire family!
- 12 Hard Boiled Eggs
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- ¾ Teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- ½ Teaspoon Jalapeno Peppers (Finely Diced)
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- Smoked Paprika (Optional)
- Avocado (Optional)
- Tomato (Optional)
- Lettuce (Optional)
- Peel the hard boiled eggs, cut them into 4 quarters and toss into a large size mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, jalapeño peppers, garlic salt and chili powder to the bowl. Combine with a masher (for a smooth finish) or fork (for a chunkier finish) until fully combined. Taste to see if additional garlic salt is needed.
- Optional Fixings - Cut the avocado and add 2-3 slices to the top of the bread followed by a large scoop of the egg mixture. Add any other garnish you prefer including paprika, lettuce and toma-to. Cover with a second slice of bread and cut on the diagonal.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.