Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Acorn.
I’m talking about a couple of my favorite things today – family friendly movies, TV, and snacks to enjoy with the family! Since Summer vacation is here (the first one for my daughter since she had her first year of school) we’re enjoying lots of fun things together. From the festival at our church this week, to just enjoying time outside we’ve got lots of family activities planned in the next couple of months. We love to take breaks from the hot outdoors to enjoy a family friendly movie at our local theater or just spend time at home watching TV together.
We recently saw Inside Out, a great family friendly movies, and we absolutely loved it! We are talking about going and seeing it again soon, we loved it that much. Tonight we’ll be sitting down to watch Teen Beach 2 on Disney Channel – it may have ‘Teen’ in the title, but I know there will be fun music in it and Riley and I always have dance parties so I know she’ll enjoy it. Another movie we can’t wait to see is Max (in theaters today). Every time the commercial comes on TV Riley gets excited. Do you have any recommendations for TV or movies that are family friendly we can watch? We can always use suggestions!
Family Friendly Nom Noms for Family Friendly Shows
One thing you can’t forget when watching TV or movies is a delicious snack! When we’re at the theater we always get popcorn with plenty of butter. At home we sometimes have popcorn, but we love to make delicious goodies as well. A great one I recommend trying is this Nutella Cool Whip Dip. It combines the deliciousness of Nutella and the creaminess of Cool Whip for a great treat your family is sure to enjoy while you watch your favorite family friendly programs!
- 1 Tub of Cool Whip
- ⅓ - ½ Cup Nutella (to Taste)
- Remove the tub of Cool Whip from the freezer and let thaw for 5 minutes.
- Add the Cool Whip and Nutella to a mixer (or by hand if fine) and whip for 1-2 minutes until combined.
- Transfer the dip to a freezer safe bowl and place back in the freezer to harden while you gather your dippers.
- Grab anything that goes well with chocolate and hazelnut to use as the dippers. Our family enjoys pretzels, cherries, strawberries, apples, bananas, raspberries and strawberries.