Not all pumpkins need to be picked straight from the patch! In fact, you can make your own pumpkins right at home that will last you from year to year. Take a look below at how to craft a pretty fabric pumpkin like the one you see here, perfect for adorning your home for fall.
- One Roll of Toilet Paper
- Scrap Fabric (You will need approx. an 18 inch by 18 inch square.)
- Thick Twig or Tree Branch
- Begin by placing the roll of toilet paper in the center of the fabric.
- Pull tightly from the sides of the fabric and start tucking it into the hole of the roll.
- Continuing pulling and tucking the fabric until the toilet paper roll is covered. You will notice it stays in place as it starts to bunch in the center of the roll.
- Take the twig and stuff it into the center of the roll. It should stay snuggly in place but if not feel free to use some glue.
- If you fabric seems loose, you can add dabs of glue to secure it.
Your pretty fabric pumpkin is now ready to be displayed. You can make a whole collection of them for just pennies, and they are perfect for displaying year after year. Give one of these pretty fabric pumpkins a try.