Do you love making your own holiday ornaments? Then take a peek below at how you can turn an ordinary flower pot into a tiny tree perfect for hanging. You only need a few supplies, and this is a craft perfect for children or adults to enjoy. Here is how you can get started crafting your own. It is easier than you may think!
- Mini Flower Pot (Around 50 Cents At Most Craft Stores)
- Green Craft Paint
- Yellow Felt, Foam, or Craft Paper
- Ribbon For Hanging
- Paint Brush
- Hot Glue and Glue Gun
- Begin by applying a coat or two of green paint to your flower pot. You can use as many coats as you wish to get the coverage you desire.
- While the flower pot is drying, you can cut out the star for your tree. We just cut ours out freehanded, creating a tiny five point star perfect for the top of our tree.
- When the paint is dry, add a dab of glue to the yellow felt, foam, or paper star and press it to the top of the flower pot.
- Create a hanger by cutting a length of ribbon. Fold it into a loop and glue it to the top of your flower pot. Once it is dry, it is ready to be hung.
This flower pot Christmas tree ornament makes a great gift or décor piece you can enjoy yourself. Give it a try this holiday season and see how simple making your own holiday ornaments can be.