Disclosure: I received the featured products as part of my LeapFrog ambassadorship. All opinions, as always, are 100% my own.
Preparing your child for school is very important. You want to make sure that they have a good head start. I love that there are great companies out there, like LeapFrog, who want to make sure your child has that jump start! As a part of the LeapFrog 2014 Blogger Program, I am excited to bring you the latest LeapFrog products – starting with this wonderful Get Ready For Kindergarten series! Here’s a cute video to introduce it to you:
With this kindergarten series, they want your child to be ready with great academic skills, which include:
- Matching letters and sounds and begin to recognize rhymes
- Recognize some numbers and use numbers to describe “How many?”
- Describe how objects are similar or different
- Name basic colors and shapes
- Can express themselves creatively using pictures
They also want them to be ready with emotional skills:
- They don’t give up easily, even when a certain task is challenging.
- They can dress themselves and put on their own shoes.
- They use words appropriately to solve various problems.
- They can follow multi-step instructions and ask for help if they need it.
To help your son or daughter get ready with these skills, they have two wonderful products out, LeapReader Read & Write Activity Set: Ready, Set Kindergarten and the LeapPad tablet/Leapster GS game Get Ready for Kindergarten!
The LeapReader Read & Write Activity Set: Ready, Set, Kindergarten introduces children ages 4-6 to reading and writing, science, mathematics and social studies. It does so with 3 original, engaging storybooks that have 45 integrated skill-building activities. There’s also 30 sheets of special mess-free worksheets and a fun, interactive poster.
- Pilar’s Reading Hideout teaches rhyming, early handwriting, letting recognition, and understanding books and print.
- David’s Pirate Adventure teaches shapes, counting and numbers, and patterns and sorting.
- Grace’s Attic Exploration helps children make scientific observations, classifying, and asks science-focused questions.
I love the social skills poster because it helps children recognize and describe the day of the week, weather and seasons, as well as helps them express their emotions and aspirations for that day.
The other part of this wonderful kindergarten readiness curriculum is the Get Ready for Kindergarten game cartridge! For kids ages 3-5, they will get to explore a kindergarten classroom, practice telling a story, use math skills to feed hungry dragons, pratice letter writing and solive logic puzzles with Stretchy Monkey.
With great interactive characters like Ozzie Otter and friends, the fun dragons in the Dragon Cafe and Stretchy Monkey, your children are sure to be interested and not even realize they are learning! Riley loves to play this game, and with her only being 3, I know she is on the right path to being kindergarten ready thanks to LeapFrog!