Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Margherita pizza is a delicious, healthy option for any pizza lover. A Margherita pizza gives you all the great Italian flavors of pizza without all the calories of the Americanized pizzas that most of us eat, and when you make it on the grill, it’s that much more delicious.
Grilled Margherita Pizza – Easy, Delicious, and Healthy
If you’ve never grille pizza before, you need to try it. It’s one of the most delicious ways to cook it. A grilled pizza has a great smokey flavor that can’t be beat. When you grill this Margherita pizza, you’ve got an authentic, old-world Italian pizza party, and everyone’s invited – if you make enough, of course. 😉
The secret to this beauty is its simplicity. This grilled Margherita pizza is a snap to make. You don’t even have to make your own crust! Any store-bought crust will do. With only a few ingredients and a hot grill, it only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish to cook up this delicious grilled Margherita pizza.
- Store Bought Pizza Dough or 1 Batch of Your Favorite Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1 Can Red Gold Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Jar Basil Pesto
- Mozzarella Balls (to Taste)
- Olive Oil
- Turn your outdoor grill on high. You want it to reach between 500 - 550 degrees.
- Prepare your favorite homemade pizza dough recipe or unroll your store bought pizza dough.
- Brush olive oil on one side.
- When the grill hits 500-550 degrees, transfer the pizza dough to the grill, olive oil side down on the grill.
- Brush the second side (should now be facing up) with olive oil.
- After 2-3 minutes, flip the crust and start pilling on the toppings.
- Spoon on the basil pesto, Red Gold tomatoes and mozzarella balls.
- Add a dash of salt to the top and close the lid.
- Let the pizza cook for 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are hot. Make sure to keep your eye on the dough since grills vary in cooking speed.
- Remove from the grill and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Cut the pizza into individual slices with a knife or pizza cutter and enjoy!
The simplicity of the recipe makes it quick, but it also makes it delicious. The basil pesto, tomato, and mozzarella all combine to make this Margherita pizza simply delicious, and because you can get prepacked pizza dough in gluten-free varieties, everyone can enjoy this amazing pizza.
Grilled Margherita Pizza Party!
This grilled Margherita pizza is absolutely simple and absolutely delicious, and when you pair it with my blackberry margaritas (recipe coming Friday!), you’ve got a backyard bash that everyone will be excited to get in on. Margaritas and Margherita? Sounds like a winner to me!