Did you know that Monday is International Coffee Day? I had no idea, either! There’s nothing that goes better with coffee than a good coffee cake, so I am excited to share my recipe for Maple Pumpkin Coffee Cake with you all today.
First I want to show off my brand spankin’ new coffee brewer! The Keurig OfficePRO Premier Single-Cup Coffee Brewing System is great for your office away from home, or your home office! It has a great 90 oz. water reservoir so you don’t have to fill the tank up as often, and it has Quiet-Brew Technology so it’s not super noisy. Have different size coffee mugs? No problem there, either! You can choose from brewing 4 different mug sizes, including 4 oz., 6 oz., 8 oz., and 10 oz.! Some other features include:
- Energy Saving Mode – Auto On and Off
- Drainable Internal Hot Water Tank
- Travel Mug Friendly
- Removable Drip Tray
- Can Set Language To English, Spanish or French
- Includes A Variety of Different Coffees, Teas and Hot Cocoa
Now, for the delicious coffee cake to go with the coffee brewed from your Keurig!
Maple Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Coffee Cake –
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2/3 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Canned Pumpkin
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Imitation Maple Flavor
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Imitation Maple Flavor
- First heat your oven to 350 degrees and spray the bottom of a 9-inch pan with cooking spray. In a bowl, mix all of the coffee cake ingredients together until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- In a small bowl – mix together, with a fork, the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and maple flavor for the topping.
- Spread half of the coffee cake batter into the pan. Sprinkle with half of the topping, then spoon the remaining batter over top; spread out evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining topping mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes, then serve warm with your favorite cup of coffee!
Oh, and watch out for me on Twitter on Monday, September 29th at 9am, 12pm, and 3pm EST – I may or may not be giving away some coffee brewers during those hours. 😉