I am a huge dip lover. From Skyline dip, to ranch dip, I love ’em all. They are simple to make usually and are easy to tote to a party. In celebration of Cinco de Mayo coming up, I am excited to share this easy and delicious queso dip with you all!
Another one of my loves is my slow cooker. I have several that get used a lot. So a queso dip that’s made in a slow cooker is a dream! Just serve it with some tortilla chips, or get creative and dip veggies in it. Anything is better with cheese!
With just a few ingredients and a couple of steps, you can be enjoying your own slow cooker queso dip at your next party or on Cinco de Mayo! You and your guests are sure to love it. Enjoy!
- 16 oz Velveeta Cheese (Cubed)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1-2 Serrano Pepper (Diced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- ½ Teaspoon Lime Juice
- Optional - 1 Teaspoon Cayenne or Chili Powder
- Optional - Cilantro
- Add all of the above ingredients to the crockpot and set the temperature to low (I use the 8 hour low setting).
- Stir occasionally to blend the mixture and ensure even heating.
- Heat for approximately 45 minutes until the cheese mixture is hot and liquid-like. Turn down to the “warm” or 10-hour low setting.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with diced cilantro. The cheese will thicken as it cools, so it’s best to serve and enjoy immediately.