Thanksgiving is quickly approaching, so why not get into the spirit with some Thanksgiving crafting? Take a peek below at how to craft your own Thanksgiving turkey keepsake box, perfect for keeping your recipes, photos, and other keepsakes in. It is so easy to make your own, so keep reading to see how you can get started. After all, nothing says Thanksgiving like a turkey!
- Wood Craft Box (available at Walmart and most craft stores)
- 5 Wooden Clothespins
- Assorted Craft Felt
- Googly Eyes
- Craft Glue
- Burlap Ribbon
- Begin by covering your clothespins with strips of felt cut to fit. Simply cut, apply some glue, and attach. Set aside to dry.
- Wrap a length of burlap around the box and secure with glue. Pull tightly as you wrap so there are so wrinkles. You can now prepare the face of the turkey.
- Cut a triangle from your orange felt for the beak, and a squiggled oval from the red for the gobbler. Apply some glue and press to the front of the box directly on the burlap. Add the pair of googly eyes and presto! You now have a turkey face.
- Take the felt covered clothespins and simply snap them onto the back of the box. These will look like the tail feathers of the turkey.
Your Thanksgiving turkey keepsake box is now complete and ready to enjoy. It is perfect for holding all sorts of treasures for safe keeping, and is great for little hands to craft as well.
Gather your supplies and give this Thanksgiving turkey keepsake box craft a try. It is the perfect way to get into the spirit of the Thanksgiving season without spending a great deal of time or money. Give it a try!
Are you looking for an easy napkin ring for your Thanksgiving table? Check out these turkey napkin rings!