Disclosure: I receive the featured product(s) in exchange for my post. All opinions, as always, are 100% my own!
Last week the awesome people over at Captain Morgan were nice enough to send me their new flavored rums for me to try!
Three new Captain Morgan Caribbean Themed Rums have been released including Grapefruit Rum, Coconut Rum, and Pineapple Rum. These new flavors blend the Captain Morgan White Rum with Natural Flavors to create an island living style drink. I had the privilege of trying each of the new flavors and I can’t get enough. If it wasn’t so cold outside, I’d swear it was the middle of summer and the beach was calling my name. These new Captain Morgan Rums really added a nice flavor to my cocktails. None of that “not so pleasant” fake taste some brands have. The flavor isn’t subtle either so a little goes a long way.
Here are two recipes I taste tested that I wanted to share:
- 1.5 oz. Captain Morgan Grapefruit Rum
- .75 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- .75 oz. Simple Syrup
- 1 Scoop of Ice
- Combine all of the ingredients including the Captain Morgan Grapefruit Rum and add ice!
- 9 oz. Captain Morgan Coconut Rum
- 9 oz. Orange Juice
- 3 oz. Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
- 6 oz. Cranberry Juice
- Combine all ingredients including the Captain Morgan Coconut Rum in a pitcher and stir.