I have always thought that doing hair would be a lot of fun. I know that I always feel relaxed and so much better after getting my hair done, and I would love to bring that same feeling to other people. Something scares me about it, though, as well… I would be so afraid of messing someone’s hair up. I would love to go to a beautiful school in learn, though. (I’ve noticed I have been getting a lot of readers from Utah, so if you would like to go beauty school in provo UT there’s a school that’s pretty popular called Marinello Schools of Beauty.)
I dye my hair myself pretty often, so I thought I would put together a few tips to help you if you decide to dye your own hair at home!
- You should always wait a couple days in between washing your hair and dying it. My hair stylist told me that the dirtier your hair, the better. Apparently the dye can adhere to your hair better when it’s dirty rather than being completely clean.
- If you are trying out a different brand of dye, always test out a small section of your hair first, to make sure that you are not allergic to the dye.
- The best way to make sure you get all of your hair, is to put it into sections and do it one section at a time – you do not want to miss any of your hair and have an awkward patch!
- Always, always, always apply some petroleum jelly to the backs of your ears, along your forehead line and the back of your neck – this will keep the dye from coloring your neck, ears and forehead the same color you are dying your hair! I never dye my hair without doing this first!
- A big tip I have, that is pretty simple, is to always follow the directions that come with your hair dye. You cannot go wrong with them – they’re there for a reason!
Do you dye your hair? Have any additional tips? I would love to hear them!
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.