Watermelon and basil are a match made in heaven with this delicious refresher. Perfect for summer pool parties and backyard barbecues, this watermelon and basil refresher is always welcome at your get togethers.
Watermelon Basil Refresher
I love to make this refresher when it’s particularly hot outside, especially when we’re having friends and family over. When the sun is beating down, there’s nothing better that watermelon anything on a hot summer day, and the basil gives it an earthy flavor that pairs wonderfully with the cool crisp taste of the watermelon.
It’s an easy recipe to make. All you really need is a blender and a strainer and you’re good to go! And when you’re finished, you’ve got a sweet delicious refresher with just enough savory to make it interesting. Whip up a batch of these delicious watermelon and basil beverages and your guests will be happy campers indeed.
- 8 Cups of Seedless Watermelon (Cubed)
- 1½ Cups Basil Leaves (Stems Removed)
- ¾ Cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- ½ Cup Sugar (Recommend Superfine)
- 1½ - 2 Cups High Quality Vodka
- Basil Leaves and Watermelon Wedges (Garnish)
- Place the watermelon cubes into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture into a pitcher to remove the watermelon pulp.
- Add the basil leaves to a large pitcher and muddle until the oils are released.
- Add the sugar and lime juice and blend until the sugar is almost dissolved.
- Strain the basil mixture into the same pitcher as the watermelon juice.
- Add the vodka and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. Right before serving fill glasses with ice and pour the drink evenly into 8 glasses. Top each glass with a basil leaf and enjoy!
A Refresher Perfect for Any Gathering
Whether it’s a back yard bash, a day at the pool, or just relaxing on the patio with your favorite book, these watermelon and basil refresher is the perfect pair for a perfect summer day. So get out the blender, and you’ll have one of the most delicious summer treats you’ve ever had! And they’re pretty, too. That’s always a bonus. =D