Is There A Limit To How Many Condos You Can Buy In Thailand, As A foreigner?

Sharing is caring!

A beautiful bunglow in the meadows

If you have a fair amount of capital behind you and you are looking for a country to invest in, Thailand has always been a relatively safe choice. Certainly, in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, property markets have been struggling everywhere. However, despite the many challenges that Thailand has had to endure over recent decades, the property market has always recovered. That said, is there a limit to how many condos you can buy in Thailand as a foreigner? If you are looking to make multiple investments and would rather avoid complication, this is the article for you.

How many condos can a foreigner buy in Thailand?

The good news is that there is only one limitation when it comes to buying condos in Thailand as a foreigner. The law dictates that foreigners can only own up to 49% of the properties in a condominium; the other 51% must be owned by Thai nationals. So, if you were looking to purchase multiple properties within the same condominium complex, this is the one consideration that you have to think about.

In most cases, 51% of the condos will be sold to Thai nationals during the pre-construction stage. This means that you shouldn’t run into too many complications when purchasing multiple condos in the same project.

In other words, if you want to invest in a dozen or more condos in Thailand, there really is no limitation! Just think carefully before you invest. You need to consider location, how popular certain areas are, which properties are likely to appreciate in value, and how easy it will be to fill your condos with tenants should you wish to rent them out.

If you’d like to see what’s available, we recommend looking for cheap condos for sale at DDproperty; this will give you a good indication as to the quality of condo available in Thailand and how much you are likely going to need to invest.

The 10 most important factors when buying property in Bangkok, Thailand

  • Location is everything!
  • Local infrastructure and available amenities
  • Security and safety in the area
  • The price per square metre
  • The level of accessibility to public transport
  • The quality of design and construction
  • The size of the property/unit in question
  • Your financial eligibility
  • The facilities within the condominium complex
  • Its proximity to mass transit

With all of these in mind, finding exceptional investment opportunities in Bangkok, Thailand, is easy! Just take your time, do plenty of research, and ideally, rely on the expertise and inside-knowledge of a reputable real estate agency when navigating a foreign market. 

Sharing is caring!

Speak Your Mind