Do your children love Dr. Seuss? If so, why not create this Dr. Seuss bookworm craft for kids? You can make your own Dr. Seuss bookworm in just minutes, and when you are done your children will have a fuzzy pal to enjoy their books with. Here is how you can get started creating your own bookworm craft for kids.
A Quick and Easy Craft for Kids to Make Reading Fun
- Wooden Craft Stick
- Assorted Red and Blue Pom Poms
- Googly Eyes
- Pipe Cleaners (Your Choice of Color – We Used Red and Blue to Match)
- Craft Glue
We found all of the supplies we used here at our local Dollar Tree store. For just a few bucks you can make several of these Dr. Seuss bookworms, making this a frugal craft for kids if you need to entertain a classroom or group.
- Begin by applying a strip of glue to the entire length of the wooden craft stick.
- Place pom poms on the stick one at a time along the glue. Press firmly as you do.
- Once your stick is full of pom poms, you can add the googly eyes. Just add a dab of glue to each and press.
- Cut a length of pipe cleaner about 3 inches long. Twist into a curled shape. Add some glue and press to the head of the bookworm.
Your Dr. Seuss bookworm craft is now ready to be enjoyed. As soon as it is dry, invite your children to read their favorite Dr. Seuss book to their bookworm. They will love having a reading pal who looks like he just crawled out of the pages of a Dr. Seuss book!
Gather your supplies and give this easy and cheap Dr. Seuss bookworm craft for kids a try. It is such a fun way to celebrate the great Dr. Seuss and all of his wonderful books.